In accordance with new guidelines and safety protocols set by state and local officials, the August Wilson African American Cultural Center (AWAACC) – will reopen to the public beginning September 18, 2020 with Dominic Chamber’s Like the Shapes of Clouds on Waterexhibition in the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation Gallery.
We want to make your visit safe, enjoyable and stress free, so we are sharing the following new procedures and policies that we have put in place so that you know what to expect when coming to AWAACC. Our team has implemented these procedures for the health and safety of our visitors, staff, and artists. Please let us know if you have any questions in advance of your visit.
New Gallery Hours
Thursday 3pm – 8pm
Friday 3pm – 8pm
Saturday 12pm – 5pm
Sunday 12pm – 5pm
AWAACC Galleries remain free and open to the public.
Personal Health & Safety Guidelines
- For the safety of you and others and as required by Pennsylvania state regulations, visitors to the AWAACC are required to wear protective face masks over their mouth and nose during their entire visit. Individuals who cannot wear a mask are asked not to visit at this time. We encourage you to visit our website, aacc-awc.org, to engage in our virtual gallery tour and programming.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings while in contact with other staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- All patrons entering the building are required to submit a temperature check. All results are confidential. If you have a temperature at or above 100 degrees, you will be asked to leave and seek medical attention.
- Capacity of the gallery has been reduced to 10%, 25 people max
- Guests should maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from others not in their party during their time at the AWAACC.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at areas of frequent contact between staff and visitors alike.
- Visitors are required to sanitize their hands upon entry at the AWAACC and should regularly wash and sanitize their hands throughout their visit.
- Visitors are asked to leave all non-essential items in their vehicle or at home before beginning their AWAACC visit.
- If you are sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (coughing, fever, trouble breathing), or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, we ask that you stay home until you have been symptom-free for at least 14 days.
- The AWAACC strongly encourages cashless transactions at this time. If you would like to make a donation, we encourage you to do so online here.
- AWAACC has installed hand sanitizing stations for visitors at the AWAACC entrance and throughout the building.
- AWAACC will undergo hourly cleaning and sanitation of high-touch points (door handles, countertops, elevator buttons, etc.)
- Thorough cleaning of restrooms throughout each day.
- Deeper cleanings and sanitization during non-operating hours.
The safety procedures and guidelines are being implemented to ensure the health and well-being of all who visit the August Wilson African American Cultural Center. Visitors that choose not to adhere to the conditions outlined by AWAACC will be asked to comply or leave the facility. Thank you for doing your part to keep our visitors, staff, and volunteers healthy and safe!