August Wilson Cultural Center
Effective Date: January 1, 2018
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information about users that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions to receive electronic newsletters, to submit questions and comments, to share information with a friend, and participation in polls, surveys, and ticket purchases. Some of this information may be Personal Information.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED AND SHARED
Information collected through the Site is used for:
- Electronic newsletters: We offer free electronic newsletters. Users may remove themselves from email distribution by following the unsubscribe link provided in every email.
- “Email a friend” and other social media services: Users can choose to forward Site information to someone else. To do so, the user must provide his or her email address, as well as the email address of the recipient. This information is used only to let the recipient know who sent the email and to send the email.
- Surveys: We may conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We may share audience feedback and aggregated demographic information with our sponsors, future advertisers and partners. We do not share information about specific individuals with any third party.
Occasionally, we may provide special offers and promotions for non-profit and entertainment organizations to audience members and those that have signed up to receive African American Cultural Center information. We do not release telephone numbers but may utilize phone blasting technology to inform audience members of vital customer service information such as program changes, weather cancellations, travel advisories, and other event-related news.
We also may use the information we collect from users to (a) provide other services that we may offer or that users may request, (b) assess and measure the use of the Site, and (c) customize and improve the Site and its content.
We share information collected through the Site:
- with service providers that help us with payment card processing, sending emails, order fulfillment, conducting advertising, providing customer service or product support, industry benchmarking, consumer analysis, market research and administering promotions.
- if the African American Cultural Center is involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or similar change.
- if we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process;
- to protect the rights, privacy, property, interests or safety of our company or our affiliates, customers, business partners, employees or the general public;
- to pursue available remedies or limit the damages;
- to respond to an emergency.
The Site is not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Site and subsequently will delete that information.
The African American Cultural Center values the trust its donors place in the organization. Except as otherwise stated, donor personal information or any other data related to our donors will not be traded, shared, or sold to anyone else, nor will we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. Except as provided below, the information you or your employer provide to us is collected and maintained for internal use only and is retained only as long as necessary to comply with federal and state record retention regulations and legitimate business needs.
The African American Cultural Center educates its employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal and organization information.
HOW WE COLLECT DONOR INFORMATION
The African American Cultural Center may collect information from donors through the following methods:
- Event Registration – If a donor chooses to donate their time or signs up online to volunteer, information about the donor will be collected.
- Contributions – We request specific, personal information from donors when they desire to make a charitable donation or pledge online.
- Website – We collect information from donors when they use the African American Cultural Center website.
TYPES OF DONOR INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The African American Cultural Center collects and maintains the following types of donor information when it is voluntarily provided to us:
- Contact Information – Information such as a physical address, an e-mail address, and phone number.
- Donation Information – Information such as pledge amount, recipient choice information and payment information.
- Demographics – If you choose to donate your time and sign-up online to volunteer, information about demographics, your volunteering areas of interest and contact information will be collected.
- Electronic Information – We may store various data that are collected as part of standard web operations (including IP addresses and cookies).
- Financial Information – We may collect financial information to process a donation. It is our internal policy to limit access to financial information to professional staff and volunteers who need to process that information. Personal financial information is not sold to or traded with other parties. If you pay by credit card, we do not store your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other financial account data sent directly to those processing services.
HOW WE USE THE DONOR INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The African American Cultural Center may use donor information for the following purposes:
- Public Recognition – Donors may be given the option to have their names listed in various African American Cultural Center publications. Donors who request to remain anonymous are not listed.
- Outside Service Suppliers – In some instances, outside service suppliers (such as data processing) may be used to assist the organization in providing a high level of customer service in a cost-effective manner. These companies agree not to keep donor information on file after the contract has been completed.
- Receipts – We may use donor information to distribute receipts and thank donors for their contributions.
- As Required By Law – We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE INFORMATION
The African American Cultural Center takes precautions intended to help protect information that we collect and store. Unfortunately, however, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account credentials and other authentication involved in obtaining access to password-protected or secure areas of the Site. The African American Cultural Center will treat access to the Site through your account credentials as authorized by you. Unauthorized access to password-protected or secure areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Site without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below.
We retain information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information, to comply with law legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce agreements and similar essential purposes.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to correct or delete your Personal Information, please send us an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The African American Cultural Center reserves the right to request that you provide information that will enable The African American Cultural Center to confirm that you have the authority to correct or delete the Personal Information that you want corrected or deleted. The African American Cultural Center may not be able to correct or delete Personal Information shared with third parties.
NOTICE TO INTERNATIONAL VISITORS