Statement from the Janis Burley Wilson, President & CEO
March 23, 2020
Our action plan is continuously changing as we learn more about COVID-19. Governor Tom Wolf has implemented a stay-at-home order for the next two weeks. The Take Center Stage Gala has been postponed to November 7, 2020. We will extend our exhibitions through Sunday, April 12, and will keep you informed on exhibition-related programming.
We believe this decision is in the best interest of the health and well-being of our staff and community to combat the spread of COVID-19. Administrative staff will work remotely through the stay-at- home order.
We are continuing to monitor national, state, and local guidance, and, if necessary, we will reassess the duration of our public closure and post any updates on our website as well as via email and social media.
How to protect yourself:
– Everyone should practice good respiratory hygiene.
– Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve, not your hands.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water.
– Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
– Stay home if you are sick and avoid sick people.