New Gallery Hours
Thursday 3pm – 8pm
Friday 3pm – 8pm
Saturday 12pm – 5pm
Sunday 12pm – 5pm
AWAACC Galleries remain free and open to the public.
Personal Health & Safety Guidelines
- Masks are mandatory regardless of vaccination status. Individuals who cannot wear a mask are asked not to visit at this time. We encourage you to visit our website, aacc-awc.org, to engage in our virtual gallery tour and programming.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings while in contact with other staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Vaccinations are required. Effective February 1, 2022, guests ages 5 and older will need to be fully vaccinated with the Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccine and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry into the Theatre with their valid ticket. Effective February 14, 2022, “fully vaccinated” means on the day of the performance date as shown on the valid ticket, a guest is:
- at least 14 days after their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or
- at least 14 days after their single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and
- fully up-to-date on boosters based on eligibility determined by the CDC.
- Proof of vaccination must come directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination. Guests may display proof on a smartphone or present a physical copy. Crowdpass App is also acceptable. The only exceptions are:
- Those not yet eligible for a booster will be able to continue to enter with proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (including at least two weeks since the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine).
- Guests under the age of 5 who must be accompanied by an adult that meets our venue’s vaccination requirements.
- All patrons entering the building may be required to submit a temperature check. All results are confidential. If you have a temperature at or above 100 degrees, you will be asked to leave and seek medical attention.
- Crowdpass registration is enforced for any gatherings at AWAACC with over 150 persons attending or expected to attend. Learn More About Crowdpass
- Guests should maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from others not in their party during their time at the AWAACC.
- Visitors are required to sanitize their hands upon entry at the AWAACC and should regularly wash and sanitize their hands throughout their visit.
- Visitors are asked to leave all non-essential items in their vehicle or at home before beginning their AWAACC visit.
- If you are sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (coughing, fever, trouble breathing), or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, we ask that you stay home until you have been symptom-free for at least 14 days.
- The AWAACC strongly encourages cashless transactions at this time. If you would like to make a donation, we encourage you to do so online here.
- AWAACC has installed hand sanitizing stations for visitors at the AWAACC entrance and throughout the building.
- AWAACC will undergo hourly cleaning and sanitation of high-touch points (door handles, countertops, elevator buttons, etc.)
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at areas of frequent contact between staff and visitors alike.
- Thorough cleaning of restrooms throughout each day.
- Deeper cleanings and sanitization during non-operating hours.
The safety procedures and guidelines are being implemented to ensure the health and well-being of all who visit the August Wilson African American Cultural Center. Visitors that choose not to adhere to the conditions outlined by AWAACC will be asked to comply or leave the facility. Thank you for doing your part to keep our visitors, staff, and volunteers healthy and safe!