Security Screening and Prohibited Items
Prior to entry all guests and permissible items may be subject to a physical screening and inspection. Prohibited items discovered during our screening process will not be allowed inside of the theater. Prohibited items include; weapons of any kind, bags larger than 16x16x8, outside food and beverages, laptop computers/electronics tablets, glass, metal, or plastic containers of any kind; including cans, bottles and flasks, etc. By presenting your ticket and entering our venue you consent to such screenings. Persons who refuse screening may be denied entry into our venues. These protection measures have been put in place to ensure that each performance or experience is occurring in a safe environment for our guests.
While these new procedures were designed with audience convenience in mind, it is highly recommended that guests arrive to these venues up to 45 minutes earlier than they have in the past, to ensure a timely entry into the venue for the start of the performance.
The following is a list of outside items which are prohibited inside of venues owned and/or operated by the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust:
- Weapons of any kind or facsimiles of weapons, including firearms, pellet guns, stun guns, martial arts weapons, pepper spray, pocket/utility knives or cutting instruments
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Flammable liquids
- Fireworks, pyrotechnics, flares or incendiary devices
- Glass, metal, or plastic containers of any kind including cans, bottles and flasks
- Outside food or beverages including alcohol
- Oversized bags that exceed 16” x 16” x 8” (see bag policy for more info)
- Interchangeable/detachable camera lens (No professional photography-unless authorized)
- Audio/visual recording devices
- 2 way radios
- Laser pointers
- Beach balls, projectiles, balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Signs, flags, banners
- Selfie sticks
- Guests without shoes or shirts
- Face paints
- Optical illusions
- Jewelry that could be used as a weapon including chains and studded bracelets
- Pets, other than service animals
- Segways, skateboards, rollerblades, hoverboards, bicycles, helmets, any type of portable seat, other than those approved and required for accessibility
- Noisemakers, bullhorns, or air horns
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements
Unattended items left outside venue doors will be discarded to ensure guest safety.
* This list is not all-inclusive and may change or be updated at any time without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.